Dr. Abbas Shoman addresses 1200 Islamic Figures from 127 Countries representing 28 Islamic Components at the MWL conference on Islamic Unity: Perlis of Labeling &Exclusion, held in Makkah under the Patronage of the Custodian of The Two Holy Mosques. Muslim Makkah Conference
His Excellency Dr. Abbas Shoman
The Secretary-General of the Council of Senior Scholars, Al Azhar.
• Extremists' tidal waves of ignorance, subversion and suspicion have hit our tolerant religion and Sharia.
• We came to the land of the Two Holy Mosques preceded by our hearts, and our bodies seeking glimmers of hope that would set our nation back on the right path.
• We hope that the conference will develop a roadmap to save our Ummah from the predicament it finds itself in, and that the conference will reach deep to the origin of the problem we are experiencing.
• The groups of contemporary extremism are deceptively raising the banner of Islam to restore what they call Caliphate by shedding the blood of innocent Muslims.
• Caliphate is a human system that is not obligatory, and there are other systems that lead to different experiences.
• All systems in place now in Muslim countries are legitimate.