The Message of the Conference:
We must boost the principle of returning to the unifying name, which Allah the Almighty has called us with, and rise above being defined by sectarian and restrictive group labels, which can cause negative consequences and rip the Ummah’s unity apart. This unity, however, is possible through solidarity and joint action. Our points of difference can be viewed and addressed through a fraternal dialogue, avoiding the discourse of accusing one another with Takfir and treason, and at the same time rejecting exclusion or sectarianism.
The Objectives of the Conference:
* To unite the word of Muslim scholars, preachers, and thinkers, and bring their views together. This should be achieved through upholding Islamic and cultural understanding of the universal law of God in regards to diversity and pluralism. We must insist on everybody’s responsibility to unite the Muslim rank from within, and act in the best of manner and cooperation possible with the other -non-Muslims-, as dictated by the values of our true religion which calls for peace and harmony; while at the same time rejects all forms of extremism, violence and terrorism.
* To promote awareness about the importance of disseminating the values of scientific, ideological and social moderation and to show the factual truth of the religion of Islam to all.
* To propose practical initiatives to thwart all forms of animosity, hatred and sectarian conflict.
* To Establish communication channels connecting different followers of Islamic schools of thought and sects to expand bridges of trust, understanding, and cooperation based on common Islamic denominators to corner the sectarian and extremist narratives.
* To reiterate the considerate concept of Islamic unity with its fullest meaning of harmony, peace, convergence, between the notion of Ummah and the nation state.
* To make pledges of trust, understanding and exchange with the other - non-Muslims-, and promote the value of the nation state, and humanity as a single family, inspired by the significance of Islamic unity that radiates its positive energy of love, goodness and prosperity to all.