HE Dr. Abu Baker Abdullah Dakouri addresses 1200 Islamic Figures representing 28 Islamic Components at the MWL conference on Islamic Unity: Perlis of Labeling & Exclusion, held in Makkah under the Patronage of the Custodian of The Two Holy Mosques. Muslim Makkah Conference.
His Excellency Dr. Abu Baker Abdullah Dakouri
Adviser on Islamic Affairs to the President of the Republic of Burkina Faso
- This conference is considered one of the most significant conferences held by the Rabita to address the most serious problem faced by our nation: the problem of division among its sons.
- We haven’t given the blessing of Muslim brotherhood, and we fell in the problems of division and conflict.
- Difference is an innate nature with humans, since they differ in mind, understanding and science; the Companions differed as well, and so have the scholars in every time and place.
- I do not know of any scholar or any Islamic doctrine that contradicts the rule laid down by Allah in verse An-Nissa, verse 59: “And if you disagree over anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger”
- Anyone who wants to promote his doctrine or respond to his opponent, he would say, God said or the Prophet PBUH) said. I have never anyone say: “my father said or said my grandfather said”
- One of the components of unity is, try to escape the vicious circle of conflict of doctrines without its result in which we have drowned ourselves in; through learning lesson of history’s incidents and benefit from the experiences of life.
- Our problem; we aren’t attentive to our common principles, but we focus on partial differences, however few and trivial they are. Such attitude has nothing to do with rational or Sharia.
- There is no doubt that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is fully aware of its responsibility towards this nation, That’s why it rises above sectarianism and embraces the people of the Qibla regardless of doctrines and orientations.
- This conference is inclusive of the entire nation’s branches. Everyone here is represented in gathering, is committed to it and to its output.
Friday, 28 December 2018 - 12:19