Secretary-General of the Muslim World League:
21/08/1416H corresponding to 12/01/1996
8/08/1421H corresponding to 4/11/2000
He was born in Al-Badayyia in Al-Qassim region in 1361H.
- BA in Arabic Language from Imam Muhammad bin Saud Islamic University in Riyadh in 1388H (1967).
- Master in Curriculum and Educational Assessment, Oklahoma State University, USA, 1977.
- PhD in Curriculum and Educational Assessment, Oklahoma State University, USA, 1979.
- A course in military training for university officers in 1400H (1980).
- A course in the senior management of the Institute of Public Administration in Riyadh in 1390H (1970).
- Representative of the General Presidency for Girls Education in Zulfi in 1383H (1963).
- Editor in the Ministry of Defense and Saudi Royal Air Force from 1384 to 1388H (1964-1968).
- Instructor at the King Faisal Air College and Director of the Office of the College Commander and Head of the Education Wing; 6 years of military rank from 1388 to 1401H (1968-1981).
- Assistant Undersecretary for Administrative Affairs at the General Presidency for the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques in 1401H (1981) and then Deputy Chairman of the General Affairs of the Holy Mosque and the Prophet's Mosque in 1402H.
- Vice-President of the Islamic University in Madinah in 1402.
- Vice-President of the Islamic University in Madinah in 1402 (1982) and then President of the University in 1403 to 1416 (1983-1996).
- Secretary-General of the Muslim World League in the year 1416H to 1421H (1996-2001)
During that function:
Secretary-General of the Supreme Council of Mosques
Chairman of Scientific Miracles in the Holy Quran and Sunnah
Vice President of Islamic Fiqh Academy
Chairman of the Board of Directors of the International Islamic Relief Organization
- Member of the Council of Shoura in the third session of 1422H.
- President of the National Society for Human Rights.
- Participating in many local, regional and international conferences and seminars on advocacy and education, dialogue among civilizations, Muslim minority affairs and human rights.
- Supervising a number of master's and doctoral dissertations and their competition and evaluating research for scientific advancement.
Research and Publications:
- Conducting a number of studies, researches and working papers.
- Comparative study between educational curricula.
- Development of technical human resources in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Memoirs in the art of driving and building personality.
- Saudi Arabia's efforts to serve Islam and Muslims in East Asia.
- The achievements of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the service of Islamic bodies and organizations.
- Human dignity in Islam.
Kingdom, Islam and the Dialogue of Civilizations.
Civilizations and Cultures Harmony or Saddam.
Saudi Arabia's efforts to support the cause of Palestine.
The rights of non-Muslims in Islam: the controls of coexistence between Muslims and Christians.
Membership of bodies and councils:
- Member of the Higher Education Council of Universities in Saudi Arabia.
- Member of the Supreme Council of Imam Muhammad bin Saud Islamic University.
- Member of the Supreme Council of Umm Al-Qura University in Makkah.
- Member of the Supreme Council of King Saud University in Riyadh.
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Islamic University in Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Chairman of Curriculum Evaluation Committee and Member of the Board of Trustees of the Islamic University in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Islamic University of Uganda.
- Member of the King Faisal Center for Research and Studies and member of the Board of Trustees of the King Faisal Foundation and a member of the Committee of the King Faisal Award to serve Islam.
- Vice-President of the Supreme Council for Call and Relief in Cairo and a member of the International Islamic Committee for Human Rights and a member of the International Islamic Committee for Dialogue in the Council.
- Vice-President of the Supreme Council for Religion and Peace.
- Member of the Supreme Commission to supervise the King Fahd Complex for printing the Holy Quran in Medina.
- Member of the Founding Council of the Muslim World League.
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the International Islamic Relief Organization and a member of the Board of Trustees of Mecca Charity Foundation.
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Supreme Commission for Tourism.
- Member of the presidency of the intellectual dialogue at the King Abdul Aziz Center for National Dialogue.